To our amazing Spruce Clients,
We will be opening our doors on June 1st! While we are VERY excited to be reunited with you and our fellow team members, we are proceeding with extreme caution. We want to ensure not only your safety, but the safety of our team and our community. In order to do so, we have created new shop protocols that are listed below. We ask that you read over these new procedures and give yourself some time to process all the changes that will be taking place- we still are. We know it’s a lot, however we feel this is the best and safest way for us to open- and stay open.
We understand this may not be the typical Spruce experience that you are accustomed to, but we believe these measures are imperative in order to help stop the spread of COVID-19, and to help make sure that everyone is protected. We are hopeful that these changes are temporary, however, we hope you can understand the steps we are taking in the meantime. We will try our best to keep you up to date with any and all changes, but as with everything surrounding this pandemic, we are certain the changes will be countless and frequent. With each necessary adjustment, we will be sure to update our social media, newsletters, website, and all confirmation emails. So just be sure to check any of these for the latest information prior to your appointment.
NEW SHOP SETUP:
- Including both clients and staff, shop capacity will now be no more than 20 people at a time.
- Manicure and pedicure stations will be 6 feet apart.
- Manicure services may not exceed 5 clients at any given time. Pedicure services may not exceed 3 clients at any given time.
- Sneeze Guards have been placed both at our manicure station and front desk for added safety and increased protection for both staff and guests.
- For now, we will have one entrance- our side door, and one exit- our front door. Upon entering, all guests must have their mask on and must use the hand sanitizer + read our list of updated instructions at the table located right at the entrance. Before each service, guests must wash hands for 20 seconds.
- Both staff and clients will be required to wear masks at all times that covers both the nose and mouth while in the shop. If you do not have your own, we will provide you one for an additional surcharge.
- Each station will be thoroughly sanitized after each client. We have allotted 10 minutes cleaning time in between clients to ensure everything is above and beyond sanitation and disinfection requirements.
- We will no longer be offering drinks, and we ask that no outside food or beverages be brought into the shop, as we do not want anyone to remove their masks at any point.
- At this time, we ask that you bring only the necessities with you to your appointment (keys, phone, wallet).
- We will be removing all pillows and magazines from the waiting and drying areas to help reduce any surfaces prone to contamination.
- Our shop hours have been temporarily extended in order to accommodate our clients:
- Mon: 9a - 6p
- Tues-Thurs: 9a - 8p
- Fri-Sat: 9a - 6p
- Sunday: 9a-2p
HERE’S WHAT OUR TEAM WILL BE DOING:
- Every member of our team will be required to wear a mask at all times that covers their nose and mouth when they are inside the shop.
- To make sure we are doing all that we can, we will have all employees take their temperature and record it in a log before the start of each shift.
- As always, we will be using only hospital grade disinfectants and sterilization practices to sanitize the shop. We will be sanitizing before opening each day, in-between each service, for an hour every day between employee shift changes, and have a final, rigorous cleaning at close. On Sunday evenings we will have a cleaning service come in to do a deep clean.
- We will be following a strict adherence to all guidelines as presented by the CDC, Ohio Department of Health, OSHA, and the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board.
- We have taken the extra measure to ensure that ALL staff are receiving an updated BARBICIDE certifications, reviewing all disinfection and sterilization practices.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE ASKING OUR CLIENTS TO DO:
- We will be requiring all clients to wear a mask at all times when inside the shop. If you do not have your own, we will have disposable masks for purchase.
- We ask that you do not come to the shop with a fever.
- At the end of your service, we ask that you check out and leave as soon as you are able. For clients needing drying time, we request that you limit it to no more than 5 minutes, so we are able to ensure proper sanitation in between services and to avoid any overlapping of guests. We will not be using drying fans. Please wear sandals if you are receiving a pedicure so that you are able to walk out.
- We ask that if you are not feeling well, or showing ANY symptoms at all, to please cancel your appointment. Should you arrive at your appointment exhibiting any apparent signs of illness, we will be unable to perform any service and you will be charged 50% the cost of your appointment.
- Clients are prohibited from bringing guests at this time in order to maintain our capacity goals.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT PROTOCOL:
- We are going cashless- For now, we are able to accept only credit cards as a form of payment. Cash will not be accepted, as studies have shown its likely contribution to the spread of COVID-19.
- We will be asking that all clients fill out our new digital Covid client form via a link when you get your confirmation email.
- In a further effort to reduce contact contamination, we will be discontinuing the use of our Frequent Flyer cards. But don’t worry! - We will be sure to honor the current discount line you are on, even if you’re a few visits away.
- Due to increased sanitation measures we are taking for every single appointment, we are adding a small temporary surcharge of $3 to each visit.
- We ask that clients arrive AT their appointment time. For now we will be unable to accommodate guests arriving early in order to reduce client overlap and help with the implementation of our sanitation practices.
- No walk-ins - In order to maintain our new shop capacity and limit the flow of traffic at our front desk, we will be booking appointments over the phone or online only.
- Waiving cancellation fees - While we still require every appointment to be booked using a credit card for easy checkout, and we will continue to waive our cancellation fees at this time. We ask, however, that you please be considerate of our nail technicians and the limited appointment availability at this time. We will still be charging our no call/no show fee in order to protect our staff.
- We will be offering a limited selection of services at this time - but don’t worry - we could never give up on our nail art! For more information, check out our website.
- We will only book services up to one month in advance. This is by no means a guarantee of our booking abilities and is subject to change at any moment depending on the developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our Spruce Mobile services, kiddo services, spray tans, and large group bookings will be on hold for now- we hope to be able to resume services once we have more information and guidelines about these services from The Ohio State Board of Cosmetology.
- We will be extending appointment times by 10 minutes, this extension is to allow for our increased sanitation measures to take place in between each client. The actual service time does not change.
- Hours are reserved for higher-risk clients on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9-10a. These time slots cannot be booked online in order to save the space and must be booked by contacting our Communications Manager, Agnes, at #513-873-8782 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We urge any and all those with any underlying health issues to consider booking at a future time when we are able to operate with some sense of our former normalcy. Should you choose to schedule a service at this time, please recognize that Spruce Nail Shop is in no way responsible or liable for any consequent health related injuries once you leave Spruce Nail Shop, and we be asking all clients to sign a consent form in order to receive services during this time.
Again, we know there is a lot here- a lot of changes, a lot of adjustments, a lot things that we could’ve never imagined having to consider, BUT here we are trying to figure out the best way to operate amidst a global pandemic. We are confident that with your help, we can do this. After all, we’ve only made it this far with your unrelenting support. Thank you again for your amazing generosity and for being there for us when we needed it most. We hope we can repay the favor and be here for you- though it might look a little different for a while.
With all the information here we know there are bound to be some questions. Should you have any concerns or need anything else, please do not hesitate to reach out. You can reach us at email@example.com. (Please be patient with us, though! We will try to respond as quickly as we can.)
Thank you all for your understanding as we navigate this new normal. Please be sure to thoroughly read your confirmation emails, as policies may be changing, and subscribe to our newsletter for all up to date information. And until we are able to return to the Spruce we all know- we hope to see you here on the other side of the Sneeze Guard.
Molly, and The Spruce Fam