Spruce Policies - Updated 1/1/24
Cancellation Policy, Late Arrivals:
A credit card is required to book all appointments, and the card used to book the appointment will be charged in the event of a late cancellation or no-show.
We ask for at least 24 hours notice for all cancellations. This gives our staff time to make calls off the waitlist so our service providers can still be booked.
We send a courtesy reminder via text message and email 48 hours before the appointment.
If you are unable to make your appointment or need to make changes, please contact the shop via phone (513-818-8749) or email ( email@example.com ) as soon as possible.
- Canceling within 24 hours of your appointment will result in a 50% charge of the booked service.
- Canceling within 2 hours of the appointment start time and no-shows will be charged the full service amount.
- Same day changes to an appointment that result in a lower priced service will be charged for the originally booked service.
- Any client arriving to their appointment with SNS, dip powder, or acrylics on their nails will be unable to receive their service and will be charged for the originally booked service.
- We recommend arriving early to your appointment, as parking in OTR and Walnut Hills can take a few extra minutes. Please visit our locations page to see our parking suggestions. The extra time will also give you an opportunity to choose colors, use the restroom, and relax prior to your appointment.
- Clients who arrive late to an appointment may have their service adjusted to fit our available time, but they will be charged the full amount of the originally booked service.
Our manicures are carefully timed and do not automatically include time for gel removals. Regular polish removals require no extra time and no additional cost, but gel polish and Gel-X Extension removals must be booked at the time of booking a manicure or pedicure service.
Spruce has committed to a non-toxic environment for our staff and clients, which means we do not remove SNS, dip powder, acrylics, or any other acrylic-based product. Please do not arrive with those materials on your nails - you will be subject to our cancellation policy.
If you are currently using an acrylic product on your nails and are interested in transitioning to strong, natural nails, you must have a removal elsewhere and then we recommend scheduling the Repair Manicure. Our techs will guide you through caring for your natural nails and you will receive a discount on cuticle oil purchases!
Nail Fix Policy
We know that sometimes polish and extensions can lift due to product issues or technical application issues. If this occurs, please call us right away, as we want you to be happy with the value of your service and your feedback helps us troubleshoot product issues and train technical issues.
We are happy to offer scheduled, complimentary nail fixes according to the following timeline for services:
- Gel Manicures or Pedicures: within 3 days of the appointment
- Gel-Extension Manicures: within 7 days of the appointment
If you experience chipping or lifting outside of the complimentary fix window, we are still happy to fix your polish or extension for a fee of $5-$20, depending on the service and the amount of nails that need to be fixed. Just call the shop and our coordinators will help you schedule your fix!
Our techs are extremely knowledgeable with suggestions for how to protect your nails and extend the life of your manicure.
Spruce does not offer refunds on services, as our techs and estheticians are paid out by commission. We encourage you to be honest with your service provider throughout the service about your preferences. If you are unhappy with the final technical elements of your service, please reach out to our client communications manager, Gloria, at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will work with you to find a solution.
We do accept returns and will issue refunds for unopened products within 30 days of purchase.
Health and Safety: Fungus and Warts Policy
We know it's no fun to talk about, but safety and sanitation are our top priority at Spruce! The Ohio State Board of Cosmetology prohibits us from working on a client with any nail fungus or warts, as they are both highly contagious. This is required by law. If you’re unsure, don’t sweat it, just ask! Our nail technicians are professionals, and will handle each situation with discretion.
If you are scheduled for a manicure and are unable to receive that service due to a concern about a contagious nail disease, please know that we are happy to switch you to a pedicure (or vice versa) if a station is available!
Inclement Weather Policy
We follow the National Weather Service for recommendations.
- If our area is under a Level 1 Snow Alert, Spruce will be open and clients will be held to our cancellation policy.
- If we are under a Level 2 Snow Advisory, Spruce’s hours may change for a late opening or early closing to ensure safety for staff or clients. Cancellation fees will be waived.
- If we are under a Level 3 Snow Emergency, Spruce will be closed and cancellation fees will be waived.
- In the event of a closure due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule clients as quickly as possible.
Salon Etiquette: Cell Phones, Food & Drink
We ask that clients be mindful of volume during their time in the salon, as everyone comes for different reasons, and we want to respect those who are looking forward to a relaxing environment. Please put cell phones on silent and refrain from taking calls during appointments.
While we do allow food and beverages in the salon, we discourage you from partaking during your service, as it creates hygiene/sanitation issues. Remember that your hands are busy during manicures and you will be laying down during spa services in our treatment rooms!
If you have any questions about the above policies, feel free to reach out at email@example.com. We appreciate our clients so much, and can't wait to keep having good clean fun in 2024!